Thursday, March 26, 2009

Music


Summer Dornon

Music! Ah! Good old music! We all love that past time of setting in our car at that red light listening to our favorite song, heck some of us might even get down with our bad self. Music can take on several forms, from informational to just exploring new emotions. On this blog moment I would like to take the time and talk about four different aspects I see in music; these are sharing of emotions, informational, advertising and lastly message sending.

We all know well too much that we can turn to music and find a piece that fits our present emotion. Classical for homework time, rock and roll for working out, pop music for a bad day with the hubby and the list continues. But then we can turn around and find music that can change our present emotion. A great example is when you are mad; those love songs can always get ya and make you start crying!! So listeners beware!!

Informational? Yes, I know what you are thinking, but just stop for a moment and think to yourself. Did you learn something in someway by listening to that song? I think country music holds the most information, with talking about war and history facts but then again you can again street knowledge if you listen to some of that rap music.

I think that music is also well known for its advertising. I think it was that new song that was advertised women’s jeans, the line in the song went something like this…”with her apple butt jeans..” oh yes, I looked it up and back east there is a big name brand jean line for women called apple bottom.

Message sending can be done in several forms, but the most popular is to write it in a love song, right? Well, music does a great job in sending message of all kinds from love to importance of money. This is the most essential part of music in my eyes, because if you are sending out the wrong message then what are your listeners thinking? As you can till music is a very powerful tool and unless used correctly and with appropriate wording things can become very sticky if ya know what I mean..
PS...Can you hear the theme song for my picture??


1 comment:

  1. Summer,

    I really like what you have said. This is totally true! I love to listen to my IPod all the time and the type of the music I am listening to puts me into a certain mood without even realizing it. I think most people are also oblivious that music makes that big of an impact.

    ReplyDelete